Info? Devilbiss 6560 compressor

I'm being offered locally an air compressor. I'd dearly love to offload my oil-less Crapsman noisemaker and replace it with a quieter oil-sump unit.

Here's the deal

Devilbiss 6560

6.5 hp 60-gallon stand-up tank brand new $300

I can't seem to get much information on this. Looks to be a fairly light-duty unit, as far as these things go. Anyone have this model? Should I jump on this or wait for the next good deal ($550) on an IR?

Rex in Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

I have no history whatsoever on my Gardner-Denver 2" bore x 2 1/2" stroke compressor other than the fact that I paid $3.00 almost two years ago. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I have a four year old Debilbiss 6.5 hp 60 gal upright and have been very pleased with it. I don't use it on a daily basis but it has been put to the test doing everything from mechanical air tools to spray painting. I believe that I paid more than that four years ago. I would buy it. Rich Russell

Reply to
Richard Russell

|On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:58:44 -0500, Jim wrote: | |>You realize Devilbiss makes all the Craftsman compressors, right? That |>being said, my 5HP Devilbiss/Craftsman oil sump compressor has taken a |>beating and just keeps running. |>

|I have no history whatsoever on my Gardner-Denver 2" bore x 2 1/2" |stroke compressor other than the fact that I paid $3.00 almost two |years ago. |Gerry :-)} |London, Canada

That would be $3 CDN ? Want to couble your money?

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

No Way! I'm having way too much fun playing with it. Must have close to $75.00 tied up in it now, what with safety and automatic control, etc. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller