Insulating Material Question

First, thanks to all who replied to my request for sources for insulating washers.

One vendor quoted me PVC washers as opposed to the linen based phenolic washers that we have used in the past, but they could not tell me the difference it would make in the insulating properties. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

The application is in an office environment, so no temperature or humidity extremes. The signal that will be insulated is a variable 0-15 VDC at 100 mA max. This will be used on the back of an analog panel meter and the function of the washers is to isolate the signal from the metal meter case.

I think the PVC will do just fine, but would like any thoughts the group may have.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rileyesi

Absolutely fine. There may be minor differences, but these will show up at millionths of the current that you are using. If thery are mechanically suitable, use them.

Reply to
Ian Stirling