Is aluminum shinier than steel when polished?

one (B-17) went right by my home last week.

At first I thought we were under attack by the Confederate Air Force. I guess they were on a recon flight.

Fantastic, beautiful sound. Paul in AJ AZ

Reply to
Pep674

Lucky man. Best I get here is the occasional DC-3. (Sorry... "Dakota")

Better than nothing, 'though.

-- Jeff Sydney, Australia

Reply to
A.Gent

That's the final coating, Ive got something else in between, don't remember just what, but aluminizing and overcoating cost almost $300, for a ten inch mirror. Unusual mirror anyhow, 10 inch f8, was f10 when I got it. thickness isn't quite full, but not as thin as a dobsonian would be, started in 1941 by someone that probably died of old age trying to polish out the coarse grit scratches using rouge. I just said screw it and had it done professionally. (That wasn't cheap either.)

Reply to
Lennie the Lurker

A bit of useless knowledge, focal point of a parabolic dish is D^2/16d where D is diameter and d is depth of curve....

erie

Reply to
eri

Reply to
bear

How about a fiberglass dish with silver mylar bonded to the surface?

Reply to
michaeltcooper