Joining copper sheet

A friend is making a copper weather vane. Basically a silhouette, but with 2 sides, each of which will have some 3 dimensionality. The 2 sides need to be joined at the edges.

He is talking about brazing, but I feel that for the effort & cost, it is overkill and soft solder would be adequate and sooo much easier. I'm pretty sure that he does not have an acetylene torch, or access to one. MAPP/propylene yes.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt