load cell back in business

A week or two ago I posted about a load cell with a toasted gauge. I stuck another gauge on it, but of course this one was calibrated in psi not pounds, and I didn't know the area of the piston so I posted asking for ideas.

Today a local guy with a load cell let me run up a load on mine while reading the same load off of his. A-HA! Piston area is 10 square inches, pounds = psi/10.

Borrowing the load cell was the best answer, although I liked the inviting 10 guys over and loading them onto the thing too. :-)

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Good job. Nice info. Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Grant Erw> A week or two ago I posted about a load cell with a toasted gauge. I

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn