low melting point metal

Hello!

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

Reply to
lethaldriver

Hmmmmm....

Managed to find this place, but can't manage to find what he needs using a search engine.

Can't see him getting a passing mark on that homework assignment at all!

Funny! Sad too!

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Various alloys of tin, lead, antimony, bismuth.

Micro Mark sells such metal ingots in a couple of melting temps.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Periodic chart. Get after it.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Yo dude.

Ever heard of google? Try "low melting point metal".

Duh!

Reply to
Abrasha

Hmmmmm, that's not low temp.

This is low:

Good luck.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I believe the stuff is Cerrobend or Cerromatrix

Reply to
Sam Soltan

Sounds like it's the same alloys called Cerrobend in the US.

Reply to
Jim R Studdard

Reply to
David Billington

You can get lower melting point alloys as there are indium alloys which are replacements for mercury at room temps.

Reply to
David Billington

Also google for "Kaye and Laby", which will get data from the UK National Physical Laboratory (sort of like the US National Bureau of Standards).

Reply to
Newshound

Ummm, 600 Celsius/Centigrade is 1112 F. Four hundred C. is 752 F.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Interesting. Looks like there is only one actual elemental metal in the

400-600 range, plus one "metalloid" element.

I'm assuming that the OP is asking about elemental metals and not alloys?

Hint to the OP---try a Google for "melting point of metals". It's a lot quicker than posting here and waiting for replies.

Reply to
Bill Marrs