Machine Shop Supply --Close Out Sale

Machine Shop Supply --Close Out Sale -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Reply to: snipped-for-privacy@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-05-07, 6:09AM PDT
All new tools being closed out at or below dealer cost. Below are some sample prices. Also available, taps, drills, end mills, gages, woodfuff cutters, slitting saws, tool bits, micrometers, indicators, inserts. Carbide circuit board drills,Collets, Soft jaws, R8 Tooling for bridgeprts, lathe cutters .
Jacobs Drill Chucks-- NEW
Jacobs chucks #2A 3/8" Cap $48,Plain bearing drill chuck #33 1/2" cap $49, #8-1/2N 1/4" Cap $59,ball bearing drill chuck #11N 3/8" cap $65, #14N 1/2" cap $98, #16N 5/8" Cap $112,
Hardinge Collets. 5C style for lathes and fixtures with round holes are $17 hex and square higher. R8 Style for milling machine (Bridgeport) are $19
Aloris Quick Change Tools- CXA Tool Post $260, CXA4 $50, .Lathe toolpost tools. Machine shop
Carbide End Mills-- NEW --SGS brand Series #15 2 flute double end stub carbide end mills 4ea1/32" $9.80 8 3/64 9.77 4 5/64 8.25 3 7/64 7.30 2 9/64 10.92 2 11/64 10.86 4 15/64 10.86
For pictorial tour of whats available see
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/shakascaregiver/craigs096.jpg
Photbucket address should be
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/shakascaregiver /
Your prices are not cheap compared to eBay. (I mean eBay prices on new stuff). I recall the Jacobs 33 chuck (new) sold for $52 or so on eBay.

The price I have listed is $49, which seems cheaper to me. Are eBay dollars different?

Not different, but I would expect better from a closeout sale.

Jeez, Iggy, the guy still has to make a buck. Try not to squeeze him 'til he yelps, OK? Not everyone is able to get items for retail sale at prices of an ebay auctioneer. If the price is too high, just clam up and not buy it. Or go buy the one on ebay...
Next thing you'll tell us is you're not shopping for a chuck anyway.
A more pertinent question might be: where are you located so that we might have some estimate of shipping? --Glenn Lyford

I would buy a Jacobs No 33 chuck for $25 plus shipping actually. I am in IL. This would be a spare for my drill press.

Maybe he is planning a continuous going out of business sale like furniture dealers....
Wes
snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Yea. Aren't those a riot? There was a ( I believe Wolfs ) furniture store in the town back east where I lived, that had a "going out of business" sale going on for at least two or three years. :-) ...lew...
Scott, Where is your shop located?
Bob
I haven't bought from Scott (yet) but a friend has and was quite pleased. He's located just south of San Francisco. I just haven't gotten around to heading over to see if there's anything I can use but plan to do so.
bob snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I sold tools to machine shops in the SF Bay area of Cal since 1958. The building is for rent. The store is closed except by appointment. The employees are gone. This is the real deal. My prices are dealer cost or below from several years ago. Contact me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com. Pictures are at http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/shakascaregiver / My zip is 94070 for shipping charges. Scott