machining my first PCB

I wanted a 5 volt source for my newest gps, a Garmin Quest. It has a internal battery that is not intended to be service by the consumer. The Quest is recommended for automobile. A speaker is in the car adapter and using the Quest in the car the is a constant power input of 5 volts. You can remove the Quest for a walk and it will runs from 6 to 20 hours on the internal battery, depending the mode of uses. When plugged into the car, the internal battery in recharged. On my bicycle, I have 12 volts 2000 ma batteries packs for my lights. For the Quest, I want a 12 volt to 5 volt voltage regulator that uses the least internal current. I made this unit and is testing it now.

also machine the adapters and battery/light holders shown in the application link. Machining Plexiglas and pvc was fun chip making.

Reply to
Bill Cotton

Very cool, Bill!

I like the way you mounted the GPS over the vestigal tach. That's a good use of the space. Never understood why they put them on automatic cars, anyway.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Interesting website- I see you are a Shoptask owner- there is another website on gunsmithing with a Shoptask with some pretty imginative work

EdFielder

I agree. this is my wife car. I drive a stick Subaru and I eye the tach when shifting sometime.

Reply to
Bill Cotton