Made this T-slot table today

My guy, at my behest, made this T-slot table. The top is a part of some super duper precision custom special CNC honing machine that I
bought for parts. It was ultra modern looking, but seemed to be suited only for a special operation.
The legs are 3/8" thick structural tubing that I had laying around.
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/T-Slot-Table.jpg
Weight 1,400 lbs.
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 18:49:19 -0600, Ignoramus29608

Wow, you must have a pretty big mill in the shop, eh?
--
Ed Huntress

This is how the table top was when I took it off...
icc
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 19:07:10 -0600, Ignoramus29608

Oh, I thought your guy milled the T-slots. I should have known better.
--
Ed Huntress

On 2/20/2015 6:53 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

That came off the rotary table sitting on his mill table. The Table electric drive is 40HP DC for direction control. :-)
Martin
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 22:26:20 -0600, Martin Eastburn

that Ig had decided to keep one of those monsters he sells for scrap.
--
Ed Huntress

I would not want them for one of the reasons no one else wants them, mainly old age and difficulty of repair. The other reason, poor performance, is not something that concerns me. I will stick with my CNC Bridgeport milling machine that I converted to Linux.
Scrapping stuff and parting out is fun.
On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 08:13:44 -0600, Ignoramus10075

Good. Those of us who find our work to be fun are among the luckier ones.
--
Ed Huntress

Yes, it would be so sad to spend the majority of my awake hours, doing something that I do not love. And it is great that I get paid for it.

OK, how much, do you think, I should ask for it?
It weighs 1,400 lbs.
On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 08:17:27 -0600, Ignoramus10075

I'll pass. I don't even think in terms of 1,400 lb. tables.
--
Ed Huntress

I usually ask $1 per lb on bigger stuff like that.
For small stuff I ask $1.20 per lb.
I will add a new 6" bullet vise to this table and will sell it as NEW table with NEW vise.
On Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 10:57:10 AM UTC-5, Ignoramus10075 wrote:

>table with NEW vise.
The law in Illinois can be tough on you, Ig. It better not be said or written by anyone anywhere that its "new" (if it actually isn't "new", though).
Maybe you can try those tricks in Wisconsin, though. I bet they go for that, there.

Ahh. The table is certainly new - just made. It was made from an old component. The vise will likely be new. So long as it's accurately described, no problem.
Joe Gwinn

Right, it is, of course, new, as it was made yesterday and not used ever since.
I have hard times imagining busy "Illinois lawmen", being so interested in the intricacies of definition of what "new" is, as applied to this beautiful T slot table.
I think that hell will freeze over first.

Thanks... If you use it for welding, you would need to blow out the welding crud from T-slots, but it is great for clamping and laying stuff out.
By the way, the table top pictured here:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/T-Slot-Table.jpg
came from this machine:
http://goo.gl/YTgaMB
On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 16:07:53 -0600, Ignoramus10075

Aha. That's a Micromatic horizontal line-honing machine for crankshaft bores. I don't know if that model is still made, but I'll bet it is. Bates bought out the Textron Micromatic line around ten years ago.
--
Ed Huntress

My own opinion regarding this machine is that finding a buyer for it as a whole, will be exceedingly difficult. They could not sell it on ebay (361005815063).
It is, however, full of cool and valuable parts and weighs about 18,000 lbs. (and not 12,000 lbs as they said)
On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 16:36:14 -0600, Ignoramus10075

It's going to be a very small market. That model is pretty big -- not automotive, but probably truck- and off-road diesels. Those guys don't buy much used equipment. My guess is that it would be confined to engine rebuilders who work on the big ones.

Yow. I don't like to even *think* about moving things that heavy. My house probably doesn't weigh that much. <g>
--
Ed Huntress