make your own press brake dies

Karl Townsend wrote:

Karl, whatever you do, be CAREFUL. That much power moving slowly can very suddenly cause things to pop sideways with a whole lot of kinetic energy.
GWE

A big 10-4 here. Now convincing "the kid" about safety and danger is a different matter. He had a skate come out pushing the unit with my forklift. Could have tipped it over. Busted the 10 ton toe jack getting it level. Its sitting in the middle of the room waiting for a 20 ton jack from Ebay. He also dumped the new 10hp air compressor off the pallet when moving it out of the way - busted up a bunch of fittings on the compressor head.
Karl
Karl,
The "kid" sounds like a "chip off the old bull in a apple shop".
Bob Swinney
message

Back in 1968, I wrecked my dad's new pickup truck. He was giving me holy hell until gramps said, "Whatever happened to my '36 Ford?" I never did find out about that old Ford, and never got any more trouble about wrecking his pickup. What goes around comes around...
Karl