Somewhat OT - Looking For 1/2 D NiCads

It seems as though most NiCad suppliers have abandoned the fatter cells. I need some 2-cell packs made up of 1/2 D cells. Basically, they are 2.4V, 2200 - 2400 mAh assemblies. Physical dimensions are about

1.3" dia x 2.9" long.

Does anyone here know of a source? I've tried DigiKey, BatterySpace.com, and a couple of other biggies, but no luck.

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
jgandalf

This place still "lists" 1/2 D cells, maybe they really have them?

Another thought is that maybe some combination of lithium cells could get you the same punch in a small enough volume to replace two 1/2 D cells.

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I just checked with Universal Battery in Oklahoma City. They do have them.

405-848-9000 Respectfully, Ron Moore
Reply to
Ron Moore

Yost (Batteries America) lists them: