Looking for 1/2 inch square nylon bar

I have smaller pieces of Delrin. (Don Foreman would know better if it is delrin). white color. 1x1x1 inch

Ignoramus2319

Hi folks,

I'm looking for about 12 inches of 1/2 inch square nylon bar. It's to make some new feet for an art deco Scotch tape dispenser. I've tried my usual suppliers but can't find any.

Does anyone have a piece to spare? I'd prefer natural nylon as opposed to some lubricant-impregnated kind. Colour is unimportant. In fact, it needn't by nylon so long as it's machinable, not too brittle and not too rubbery.

Anyone got a piece to spare? If so, let me know your price including shipping to England. I can pay with PayPal or UK cheque. E-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@cantabgold.net if you can help.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Thanks for the offer. Delrin would be okay, but I need at least 3 inches in length.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Get some HDPE Any size and cut it down.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I don't think it is delrin or nylon. Might be UHMW PE.

Reply to
Don Foreman

This stuff might work, available at Maplin's:

It's in pellet form in the jar, but once heated in boiling water and molded to desired shape, it looks and feels a lot like nylon.

Reply to
Don Foreman

#63399059 is nylon, 1 foot long, $5.40 #52433414 is UMHW, 5 feet long, $6.66 #63386494 is acetal, 2 feet long, $10.27 #63392237 is acrylic, 6 feet long, $6.63

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Go to:

Part Number: 8732K15

Material Nylon

Nylon Material Nylon 6/6

Backing Plain Back

Shape Sheets, Bars, Strips, and Cubes

Sheets, Bars, Strips, and Cubes Type Square Bar

Thickness 1/2"

Thickness Tolerance -.005"

Maximum Continuous Length 4'

Width 1/2"

Opaque White

Operating Temperature Range up to +210° F

Performance Characteristic High Tensile Strength and Flame Retardant and Wash-Down Applications

Tensile Strength 11,300 psi

Impact Strength 1.4 ft.-lbs./in.

Tolerance Standard

Hardness Rockwell R: 120

Specifications Met 3A Sanitary Standards (3A) Compliant and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Compliant and Underwriters Laboratories (UL)

UL Rating UL 94V2

Reply to
Hunter

It's an interesting idea, but I was really looking for something which has a reasonably accurate square form already (otherwise it'll be a nightmare trying to get the dispenser to sit level).

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

I have a paper cutter that uses a black, square bar of nylon like material, probably HDPE, as a cutting surface for the cutting disk. this is a replaceable item. " Fiskars home/office 12" rotary paper trimmer " Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

My favorite tea-smuggler will be travelling to the UK end of July.

This covert route can be highly unreliable, however. If, for example, you were to have what you want plus a couple more pieces (say 3/4" and

1") shipped here by McMaster, perhaps only the 1/2" piece would find its way to you in the UK later in the summer.
Reply to
Don Foreman

Thanks for that. I'll have to see if they ship internationally.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Sadly McMaster don't ship internationally (even though they claim to).

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Sorry, I don't have any, but have you tried Gilbert Curry?

are in north Coventry and often have offcuts.

Reply to
lemel_man

opposed

Assuming you have the cutting ability, it's available in sheet here in

12mm thick:

Or if you you really need imperial sizes buy the 16mm and machine it down

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

When I need something like that, I go to

a) the local scrapyard

b) the off-cut bin at the local plastics merchant

Don't you have one of those?

Reply to
_

Hi Chris

If you desire -- I'd buy the "plastic" of your choice for you and mail it from Los Angeles.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Martes

Did you look at McCarr?

Gerry

Or US Plastics

Max

Reply to
Max

Hi, have you considered making your part from a thick cutting board?

LLB

Reply to
LLBrown