Looking for 1/2 inch square nylon bar

I have smaller pieces of Delrin. (Don Foreman would know better if it is delrin). white color. 1x1x1 inch
Ignoramus2319
Hi folks,
I'm looking for about 12 inches of 1/2 inch square nylon bar. It's to
make some new feet for an art deco Scotch tape dispenser. I've tried my
usual suppliers but can't find any.
Does anyone have a piece to spare? I'd prefer natural nylon as opposed
to some lubricant-impregnated kind. Colour is unimportant. In fact, it
needn't by nylon so long as it's machinable, not too brittle and not too
rubbery.
Anyone got a piece to spare? If so, let me know your price including
shipping to England. I can pay with PayPal or UK cheque. E-mail me at
snipped-for-privacy@cantabgold.net if you can help.
Many thanks,
Chris Tidy
Reply to
Christopher Tidy
Thanks for the offer. Delrin would be okay, but I need at least 3 inches in length.
Best wishes,
Chris
Reply to
Christopher Tidy
Get some HDPE Any size and cut it down.
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca
I don't think it is delrin or nylon. Might be UHMW PE.
Reply to
Don Foreman
This stuff might work, available at Maplin's:
It's in pellet form in the jar, but once heated in boiling water and molded to desired shape, it looks and feels a lot like nylon.
Reply to
Don Foreman

#63399059 is nylon, 1 foot long, $5.40 #52433414 is UMHW, 5 feet long, $6.66 #63386494 is acetal, 2 feet long, $10.27 #63392237 is acrylic, 6 feet long, $6.63
Reply to
Ecnerwal
| Hi folks, | | I'm looking for about 12 inches of 1/2 inch square nylon bar. It's to | make some new feet for an art deco Scotch tape dispenser. I've tried my | usual suppliers but can't find any. | | Does anyone have a piece to spare? I'd prefer natural nylon as opposed | to some lubricant-impregnated kind. Colour is unimportant. In fact, it | needn't by nylon so long as it's machinable, not too brittle and not too | rubbery. | | Anyone got a piece to spare? If so, let me know your price including | shipping to England. I can pay with PayPal or UK cheque. E-mail me at | snipped-for-privacy@cantabgold.net if you can help. | | Many thanks, | | Chris Tidy |
Go to:
Part Number: 8732K15
Material Nylon
Nylon Material Nylon 6/6
Backing Plain Back
Shape Sheets, Bars, Strips, and Cubes
Sheets, Bars, Strips, and Cubes Type Square Bar
Thickness 1/2"
Thickness Tolerance -.005"
Maximum Continuous Length 4'
Width 1/2"
Opaque White
Operating Temperature Range up to +210° F
Performance Characteristic High Tensile Strength and Flame Retardant and Wash-Down Applications
Tensile Strength 11,300 psi
Impact Strength 1.4 ft.-lbs./in.
Tolerance Standard
Hardness Rockwell R: 120
Specifications Met 3A Sanitary Standards (3A) Compliant and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Compliant and Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
UL Rating UL 94V2
Reply to
Hunter
It's an interesting idea, but I was really looking for something which has a reasonably accurate square form already (otherwise it'll be a nightmare trying to get the dispenser to sit level).
Best wishes,
Chris
Reply to
Christopher Tidy
I have a paper cutter that uses a black, square bar of nylon like material, probably HDPE, as a cutting surface for the cutting disk. this is a replaceable item. " Fiskars home/office 12" rotary paper trimmer " Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
My favorite tea-smuggler will be travelling to the UK end of July.
This covert route can be highly unreliable, however. If, for example, you were to have what you want plus a couple more pieces (say 3/4" and 1") shipped here by McMaster, perhaps only the 1/2" piece would find its way to you in the UK later in the summer.
Reply to
Don Foreman
Thanks for that. I'll have to see if they ship internationally.
Best wishes,
Chris
Reply to
Christopher Tidy
Sadly McMaster don't ship internationally (even though they claim to).
Best wishes,
Chris
Reply to
Christopher Tidy
Sorry, I don't have any, but have you tried Gilbert Curry?
are in north Coventry and often have offcuts.
Reply to
lemel_man
opposed
Assuming you have the cutting ability, it's available in sheet here in 12mm thick:
Or if you you really need imperial sizes buy the 16mm and machine it down
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
When I need something like that, I go to
a) the local scrapyard
b) the off-cut bin at the local plastics merchant
Don't you have one of those?
Reply to
_
Hi Chris
If you desire -- I'd buy the "plastic" of your choice for you and mail it from Los Angeles.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Martes
Did you look at McCarr?
Gerry
Or US Plastics

Max
Reply to
Max
Hi, have you considered making your part from a thick cutting board?
LLB
Reply to
LLBrown