Looking for a 1" square drive breaker bar

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a 1" square drive breaker bar, preferably about 4' long. I can't find any searching online. Anyone know where I could buy one?

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Any dealer who stocks Sealey stuff should be able to help. Breaker Bar

1000mm 1"Sq Drive Product Code: AK7313.
:Jerry:

Thanks for the link. Plenty of online retailers have those. It seems a little expensive for a Sealey product, though. I was under the impression that Sealey don't make the best quality tools. This opinion is based of a set of Sealey taps and dies I have, which suck. Perhaps their product quality varies?

Anyone own the 1" breaker bar?

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Try fleaby. There was a bloke selling lesser-brand, but still some sort of brand 3/4" drives a metre long at any rate. He'd put up a fun photo with his little girl holding it up - it was bigger than she was.

Hywel

Reply to
hyweldavies

I bought one of the 3/4" bars from that guy actually. It's okay. I haven't broken or bent it yet. The finish on the black knuckle joint could be better, but it was cheap, and he sells replacement knuckle joints.

I e-mailed him about 1" bars, but he doesn't have one. Looks like the Sealey bar is probably my only option.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

1" drive with 4 foot handle.... you are obviously working on something a little larger than the average stationary engine! Any clues?

You could try this using one of these with a piece of quality bar to lean on......

I'm sure your local Snap-On man will oblige.

(Note the double red asterisks on the price specs. Yes! your local Snap-On man can set his own prices! Not a lot of people know that! Especially his customers!!!!)

I have an unbranded one of these and used it occasionally over the years for those more stubborn, larger bolts. Also an "L" shaped, double ended male 1" drive bar, although you need plenty of space and it can be a bit ungainly to use.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

On or around Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:37:19 +0000, Christopher Tidy enlightened us thusly:

John Morgan in Carmarthen had a Britool one on the rack. I didn't look at the price, mind.

Reply to
Austin Shackles