Looking for a synchronous electric clock

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a synchronous electric clock to use as an example for a design project. It needs to be a very sturdy one, not bakelite or thin steel (this likely means an early one). More likely an industrial wall clock than a mantel clock. If it fits these requirements, condition and style are less important. AEG made some that would be good. I know this is a long shot, but has anyone got one for sale? Drop me a line at chris AT ruggedmachines DOT com if you have.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Does it need to be a clock per se, or would a synchronous motor timer do the job?

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Hi Peter,

Do you mean something like a Venner time switch? Not sure. I had a wall clock in mind for this purpose because I'm trying to avoid products that are too obscure or geeky.

Many thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

We have some Crouzet synchronous timers at the factory, just wondered if they would be of any use? 240V and 14 hour run time IIRC.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Sorry, I don't think so. But thanks for the offer!

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy