Surplus mechanical and electrical stuff

I need to clear some space. Does anyone have a use for any of the following? Free to anyone who needs them for a project. Collect from Shropshire/Staffordshire border:

- Big Hobart filter coffee machine. Stainless steel. Missing carafe. Some kind of fault with the electronics, but it looks cool. I meant to fix it, but never got round to it.

- Centrifugal fan from a building's air conditioning system. V-belt drive (no motor included). Screwed to a piece of kitchen worktop. I used it to make a flamethrower once. Could be good for making a forge.

- Homemade dust extractor. Sort of like a vacuum cleaner that has a huge capacity and doesn't need bags. A high school project of mine. Now unused.

- About 10 kg of coach bolts, maybe more. Probably metric, but can check. Zinc plated. Stupid sizes for most purposes (i.e., short), which is why I haven't used them. No nuts.

- Lots of timer mechanisms with 1 rpm and 5 rpm (I think) synchronous motors.

- Brook Crompton 1.5 kW three phase motor, 4 pole. Dodgy bearings and currently dismantled, but I think it ought to work. More robust than many of the latest motors (the ones where the fins break off).

- Landis & Gyr sequence controller. This is a series of switches operated by cams driven by a synchronous motor. I think it controlled some kind of industrial process. Bit of a museum piece really.

- Various low voltage panel meters. Bakelite surrounds. Let me know what you need.

- Hundreds of tiny plastic containers with a hinged lid. Slightly smaller than a 35 mm film container, with a dessicant lining. Someone must have a use for these?

- Grey-green Aladdin paraffin heater. Beat up, maybe good for spares?

- Various washing machine motors.

- Funky "Benjamin" industrial enamel lamps, in poor condition. Need restoring.

- Flamco Flexcon Top. One of these. No idea of its condition or really what it does:

- Petter A high fuel tank bracket.

And probably more to follow soon...

E-mail me (cdt22 AT cantabgold DOT net) or post here if you want anything.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

It's getting close to your last chance to grab any of this stuff, should you want it!

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Which stuff?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Chris is having a Tidy up

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

There's a few bits I'd go for, but I've no chance to head North for the forseeable.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Andy, sorry I missed your message earlier. If you let me know which bits you want, I can keep them for a month or two.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy