Surplus mechanical and electrical stuff

I need to clear some space. Does anyone have a use for any of the following? Free to a good home. Collect from Shropshire/Staffordshire
border:
- Big Hobart filter coffee machine. Stainless steel. Missing carafe. Some kind of fault with the electronics, but it looks cool. I meant to fix it, but never got round to it.
- Centrifugal fan from a building's air conditioning system. V-belt drive (no motor included). Screwed to a piece of kitchen worktop. I used it to make a flamethrower once. Could be good for making a forge.
- Homemade dust extractor. Sort of like a vacuum cleaner that has a huge capacity and doesn't need bags. A high school project of mine. Now unused.
- About 10 kg of coach bolts, maybe more. Probably metric, but can check. Zinc plated. Stupid sizes for most purposes (i.e., short), which is why I haven't used them. No nuts.
- Lots of timer mechanisms with 1 rpm and 5 rpm (I think) synchronous motors.
- Brook Crompton 1.5 kW three phase motor, 4 pole. Dodgy bearings and currently dismantled, but I think it ought to work. More robust than many of the latest motors (the ones where the fins break off).
- Landis & Gyr sequence controller. This is a series of switches operated by cams driven by a synchronous motor. I think it controlled some kind of industrial process. Bit of a museum piece really.
- Various low voltage panel meters. Bakelite surrounds. Let me know what you need.
- Hundreds of tiny plastic containers with a hinged lid. Slightly smaller than a 35 mm film container, with a dessicant lining. Someone must have a use for these?
- Grey-green Aladdin paraffin heater. Beat up, maybe good for spares?
- Various washing machine motors.
- Funky "Benjamin" industrial enamel lamps, in poor condition. Need restoring.
- Flamco Flexcon Top. One of these. No idea of its condition or really what it does: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLAMCO-FLEXCON-TOP-12-EXPANSION-VESSEL-12-LITRE-NEW-/250681187437
- Petter A high fuel tank bracket.
And probably more to follow soon...
E-mail me (cdt22 AT cantabgold DOT net) or post here if you want anything.
Best wishes,
Chris
Christopher Tidy wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLAMCO-FLEXCON-TOP-12-EXPANSION-VESSEL-12-LITRE-NEW-/250681187437
Used in central heating systems.
When the system starts up from cold the water in the pipes expands more than the pipes do, and a sealed nitrogen-containing part of the tank is compressed (or, for some flat tanks, the tank itself expands) taking up the expansion of the water and leaving the pressure in the system not changed too much.
-- Peter Fairbrother
On 06/03/2011 09:07, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

Also used in water systems on boats. System fed from a pump, the expansion vessel (accumulator) minimises the pulsing of the pump output and reduces or stops pump cycling due to leakage or temperature change which causes the pressure switch to cut in.
-- Richard
It's getting close to your last chance to grab any of this stuff, should you want it!
Chris
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 02:57:34 +0000, Christopher Tidy

Which stuff?
--
Frank Erskine

should
Chris is having a Tidy up <G>
AWEM

There's a few bits I'd go for, but I've no chance to head North for the forseeable.
Andy Dingley wrote:

Andy, sorry I missed your message earlier. If you let me know which bits you want, I can keep them for a month or two.
Chris