B-FTP vs B-FHTP Electrical Motor

I am trying to replace a 120v C-Frame Shaded Pole motor in a kickspace heater. It was installed in 1978. I can't find that spec ( B-FHTP) but only the B-FTP spec. It is a small motor that was made by Gould and it drives a small fan over the electric heating elements. Type: B-FHTP

120v 60Hz 0.47a 301-2754 Thermally Protected

So, can a B-FTP C-frame shaded pole motor be substituted for a B-FHTP motor? Out of curiosity, what do those letters stand for and any ideas on where to find a replacement motor? I've been searching on the Internet for over 2hrs. Thanks, Buffalo PS: Perhaps not the right ng, but I thought I'd try, esp for the definition.

Reply to
Buffalo

As long as the specs and mounting holes match you can use what you want.

Try here:

Rich.

Thanks, I 've been on the Grainger site several times. Hard to find the same specs and I don't even know what the speed of the old motor is. However it is a CW rotation. Since most bathroom fan motors, etc seem to turn around

3000 rpm, I'm hoping that is what I need or will work. Yep, I've matched up the shaft diameter, shaft length is not close (all longer), but I can always shorten it with a hacksaw, mounting holes are 1 7/8"which I can find. Any idea what the B-FHTP and B-FTP stand for? Hopefully a B-FTP is compatible to the temp rating of a B-FHTP. Thanks for your reply.
Reply to
Buffalo

I've never heard of those letter designations before. Those could just manufacture codes that mean nothing to the general public. I highly suspect the H designates the motor as a heater motor capable of withstand higher temperatures.

Reply to
Rich.

That was one of my main concerns; the higher temperature environment it will be in. Thanks,

Reply to
Buffalo

Any ideas or thoughts if it just means higher temp leads coming off the motor? Thanks,

Reply to
Buffalo

Can't anyone in this 'engineering' group answer the question or at least give me a hint on how to find out the answer? Thanks,

Reply to
Buffalo

Moaning is _not_ a good way to encourage answers.

Reply to
mike.j.harvey

I suspect if someone could have they would have, or do you want someone to do research for you?

Reply to
Tom Biasi

I was just trying to apply some pressure to an 'electrical engineering' newsgroup. Didn't work. Hell, I figured engineers would know (or at least give me some hints on how to find my answer. I spent several hours Googling, etc.) My mistake.

Reply to
Buffalo

I tried researching on Google, etc for several hours. Didn't find it and then I found this ng, which has a good sounding name, and thought I would ask, what I thought would be a pretty easy question, for electrical engineers. I guess I was wrong.

Reply to
Buffalo

Did you call the manufacturer and ask what those letters mean?

Reply to
Tom Biasi

The mfg of the motor was Gould. I found nothing on their homepage. The printing on the motor, which was for a toe-space heater was: B-FHTP 120v 60Hz .47A 301-2754 it's rotation is CWSE, rotational shaft speed was unknown, no label on the toe-space housing unit itself. it is a C-Frame motor. It is used to blow air through a toe-space heater (on a 20A 2-pole circuit) I did call globalindustrial.com which sells electrical motors and no help there. The toe-space heater was installed in 1978. Hopefully this info will help. Sorry that I didn't provide the above info earlier, but I thought that the B-FHTP vs B-FTP was most likely all that was needed. Thanks for any additional info or ideas.

Reply to
Buffalo

If you have a Grainger near you show them the motor.

Reply to
Tom Biasi