B-FTP vs B-FHTP Electrical Motor

I am trying to replace a 120v C-Frame Shaded Pole motor in a kickspace heater. It was installed in 1978. I can't find that spec ( B-FHTP) but only the B-FTP spec.
It is a small motor that was made by Gould and it drives a small fan over the electric heating elements. Type: B-FHTP 120v 60Hz 0.47a 301-2754 Thermally Protected
So, can a B-FTP C-frame shaded pole motor be substituted for a B-FHTP motor? Out of curiosity, what do those letters stand for and any ideas on where to find a replacement motor? I've been searching on the Internet for over 2hrs. Thanks, Buffalo PS: Perhaps not the right ng, but I thought I'd try, esp for the definition.
Add pictures here
✖

As long as the specs and mounting holes match you can use what you want.
Try here: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/c-frame-motors/hvac-motors/motors/ecatalog/N-9y3?Ndrºsedimid10071&sst=subset
Add pictures here
✖
"Rich." wrote in message

Thanks, I 've been on the Grainger site several times. Hard to find the same specs and I don't even know what the speed of the old motor is. However it is a CW rotation. Since most bathroom fan motors, etc seem to turn around 3000 rpm, I'm hoping that is what I need or will work. Yep, I've matched up the shaft diameter, shaft length is not close (all longer), but I can always shorten it with a hacksaw, mounting holes are 1 7/8"which I can find. Any idea what the B-FHTP and B-FTP stand for? Hopefully a B-FTP is compatible to the temp rating of a B-FHTP. Thanks for your reply.
--
Buffalo

Add pictures here
✖

I've never heard of those letter designations before. Those could just manufacture codes that mean nothing to the general public. I highly suspect the H designates the motor as a heater motor capable of withstand higher temperatures.
Add pictures here
✖
"Rich." wrote in message

That was one of my main concerns; the higher temperature environment it will be in. Thanks,
--
Buffalo

Add pictures here
✖
"Rich." wrote in message

Any ideas or thoughts if it just means higher temp leads coming off the motor? Thanks,
--
Buffalo

Add pictures here
✖
"Buffalo" wrote in message

Can't anyone in this 'engineering' group answer the question or at least give me a hint on how to find out the answer? Thanks,
--
Buffalo

Add pictures here
✖
On Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:47:19 PM UTC+1, Buffalo wrote:

Moaning is _not_ a good way to encourage answers.
Add pictures here
✖
wrote in message

I was just trying to apply some pressure to an 'electrical engineering' newsgroup. Didn't work. Hell, I figured engineers would know (or at least give me some hints on how to find my answer. I spent several hours Googling, etc.) My mistake.
--
Buffalo

Add pictures here
✖
On 10/17/2013 2:47 PM, Buffalo wrote:

I suspect if someone could have they would have, or do you want someone to do research for you?
Add pictures here
✖
"Tom Biasi" wrote in message

I tried researching on Google, etc for several hours. Didn't find it and then I found this ng, which has a good sounding name, and thought I would ask, what I thought would be a pretty easy question, for electrical engineers. I guess I was wrong.
--
Buffalo

Add pictures here
✖
On 10/17/2013 3:50 PM, Buffalo wrote:

Did you call the manufacturer and ask what those letters mean?
Add pictures here
✖
"Tom Biasi" wrote in message

The mfg of the motor was Gould. I found nothing on their homepage. The printing on the motor, which was for a toe-space heater was: B-FHTP 120v 60Hz .47A 301-2754 it's rotation is CWSE, rotational shaft speed was unknown, no label on the toe-space housing unit itself. it is a C-Frame motor. It is used to blow air through a toe-space heater (on a 20A 2-pole circuit) I did call globalindustrial.com which sells electrical motors and no help there. The toe-space heater was installed in 1978. Hopefully this info will help. Sorry that I didn't provide the above info earlier, but I thought that the B-FHTP vs B-FTP was most likely all that was needed. Thanks for any additional info or ideas.
--
Buffalo

Add pictures here
✖
On 10/17/2013 5:41 PM, Buffalo wrote:

If you have a Grainger near you show them the motor.
Add pictures here
✖