B-35 B-49

Does anyone know if there is a commercial version of a model of either of
the great flying wings, the B-35 and the B-49, of the 40s and 50s that one
can make. If not does anyone know of a source for reasonably accurate specs
that one could make a model from?
Thanks
Charles
Reply to
Charles Hartman
Charles,
AMT made a 1/72 scale model of both the XB-35/YB-35 and the YB-49/YRB-49 (jet powered) Flying Wings a couple of years ago. They should still be around in the hobby shops.
All so HBM made a 1/200 scale solid model of the Northrop YRB-49 Kit # 671 for $13.00, but it is out of production for several years now. These where inspired by the recognition or ID training kits supplied to the Air Force during W.W.II for aircraft recognition. HBM has a website
. You may still get the model if they haven't sold out of it.
Gary
> Does anyone know if there is a commercial version of a model of either of > the great flying wings, the B-35 and the B-49, of the 40s and 50s that one > can make. If not does anyone know of a source for reasonably accurate specs > that one could make a model from? > > Thanks > > Charles > > > > > >
Reply to
m.gary.kroman
AMT-ERTL made models of both of them, in 1/72 scale for about $30 each, released in the early 90's. They are out of production now but won't be too hard to find on Ebay or even still in some stores. These were fairly good kits, too.
-John
Reply to
Pacific95
Thanks for letting us in on HBM, Gary. I've never heard of them before. 1/200th sounds reasonable for some of the larger types they have listed.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak
The AMT kit didn't include a YRB-49 option but it could be converted using parts from the Execuform vac kit:
.
Reply to
Al Superczynski
I remember that Nova made a Vacuform 1/72 scale model of the YB-49 back in the 80s. I had one, but gave it away, because I had no expereince with Vacuform kits.
I did get a hold of the HBM 1/200 scale solid model of the Northrop XB-35 Kit #556, Northrop YRB-49 (Kit # 671), and the Northrop N-1M with drooped wingtips (Kit #539). Now I just have to get some decals to add to them.
Gary
Reply to
m.gary.kroman
I have one of each For Sale/Trade. I am in Florida. Contact me at snipped-for-privacy@cox.net if interested. Remove the NOSPAM for reply. Larry Engesath
> Does anyone know if there is a commercial version of a model of either of > the great flying wings, the B-35 and the B-49, of the 40s and 50s that one > can make. If not does anyone know of a source for reasonably accurate specs > that one could make a model from? > > Thanks > > Charles > > > > > >
Reply to
Larry Engesath