Clausing 1671 drill press

Does anyone know the specs. on a Clausing 1671 drill press? There's one at an auction about 90 miles from me.

I need a drill press that will take morse 3 drills and have a lowest speed around 100 RPM. I know Clausing makes just what I want, but they also make a drill press that only takes morse 2 drills and has a higher min. RPM. I don't know which one the 1671 is. This model was not listed on the Clausing site.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message news:hY3Bg.10136$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Karl,

The 1671 is a 3/4 HP, 3-phase 15" floor model drill press with tilting

10x14" table, variable drive and spindle speeds of 500-4000 rpm and came with a 1/2" chuck, at least per the ca 1968 brochure I have. In fact it looks like all of the 15" drill presses from back then were equipped with either 1/2" drill chucks on 33JT spindles or sans chuck and an MT2 spindle.

The 20" models had MT3 spindles and spindle speeds as low as 150 rpm so it sounds like you'd want one of those. The floor models weigh around 650 lbs in case you want to plan ahead.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

Want to drive down to So Cal? Ive an elderly Walker Turner with a #3 spindle nose Id give you for $50

3 phase motor

Pretty heavy

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

RATS, not big enough. This is at a poorly advertised auction. I bet it goes for dirt.

Dang it Gunner, I wish you lived 2000 miles closer.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I'd be all over it but it is a 4600 mile round trip.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

I wish a hell of a lot of yall lived closer. Id have a backyard again after the mad minute when I opened the gate