used clausing drill press forum

I'm getting ready to sell my Clausing 1688 floor standing, 115v drill press and have no idea how much it might be worth. Help please. It's in remarkable shape
with no damage to the quill or any other parts. Thanks in advance.
On 9/3/2013 2:18 PM, Bluzman wrote:

Is that an MT2 (Morse Taper #2 female spindle) machine?
--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
replying to Joe AutoDrill , Bluzman wrote:

Yes it is, complete with a chuck.
Check it on ebay, these are very common items.

replying to Ignoramus30897 , Bluzman wrote:

Already past that, that's why I'm asking here.
On 9/3/2013 4:19 PM, Bluzman wrote:

This is not a market. Although people here are knowledgeable, they are not generally in the business of buying & selling tools. eBay IS a market. The answer you get from eBay will be better than the answer you get here.
Bob
On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 18:18:01 +0000, Bluzman
Check on Ebay for what they are going for. Thats as good as any estimate.
They will sell cheaper on the east coast
They will sell higher in the west/midwest
They will sell not so high on the west coast.
My best estimate..assuming the vari-drive is in good shape along with the rest of the machine....is $1000-1500...based on COMMERCIAL price here in California.
I have bought them (at auctions) for $200...and resold them to commercial shops for $1500-1800..before the recession.
Gunner
"
I usually buy for 100-150, sell for 400

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 18:07:35 -0500, Ignoramus30897
Ayup..you are in the Rust Belt..where there are many many of them.
Not as many in the Midwest and in the West like California
Now we have milling machines that need homes..and they are being bought for a couple thousand and they will do a very nice job of drilling..better than the drill presses and far more versitile.

"

Well... except for lack of an X/Y feed (which could be remedied) I think I like my Solberga better than a Clausing.
There is ONE thing about it I don't like better, but I'll live with it (the 'special' motor being built into the box, rather than using a standard- frame motor.
Lloyd
On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 05:46:08 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

I loved the Clausing ,but I scored an Arbota Maskiner, a small radial arm drill press. The Clausing had to head on down the road.
Karl
replying to Karl Townsend , Bluzman wrote:

Thanks to all that responded. Post has gone off topic so I think I'm done here. FYI for those that think eBay has my answer: yes they are a market....there were no 1688's to compare with so there was no definitive answer.
So I looked to those that might know more than I. Seems we're equal in that regard.
Adios.

You seem to have an overinflated opinion about yourself and your used drill press.
replying to Ignoramus20030 , Bluzman wrote:

No need for insults - maybe that's just your way?
Thought I'd asked a seemingly simple question to those I thought might be able to help because of my limited experience regarding the dollar value of some tools.
Gunner, thanks again. Would love to have a Bridgeport and a lathe. I have the next best thing though: a very good friend with a Bridgeport and a lathe.
And to all that responded positively, Thank You.
See Ya.
On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 21:18:02 +0000, Bluzman

That often works out fine. Ive friends who use my shop regularly.

Be well.
Gunner

"
On 9/4/2013 5:18 PM, Bluzman wrote:

Agreed.
--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 12:14:40 -0500, Ignoramus20030

So it would appear.
Gunner
"
On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:18:02 +0000, Bluzman

Didnt think to look in the completed auctions did you?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clausing-1688-Variable-Speed-floor-stand-drill-press-Two-tables-110v-Exc-/190891555114
A very very very nice one too!!
$800
Perhaps we know more than you think?
Gunner
"
replying to Gunner Asch , Bluzman wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clausing-1688-Variable-Speed-floor-stand-drill-press-Two-tables-110v-Exc-/190891555114

If you do ya'all are very good at keeping it to yourselves.
Clearly this is not the forum for me. I am a member of several others and getting help from them wasn't the tooth pulling experience I had here. One of them netted me more info on Clausing 1688's than I ever expected. That's the forum I'm staying with.
Gone for good now, no hard feelings and best wishes to everyone.
On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 22:18:01 +0000, Bluzman

So why did you come here?

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
"