Garden jewel -- metal foolishness

A quickie project for Mary, who wanted a hose fitting for watering her plants:

Don Foreman

I'm blessed with a partner who enthusiastically supports my metalworking hobby, but still from time to time it really helps to whip out something like Don did to keep that support bubbling along nicely.

Great job, Don! It would be nice to hear in about a year how the Nyalic clearcoat held up on the copper.

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

That's cool. Small metalwork items I build for my wife Always pay dividends beyond what I would expect.

Looks slick!

StaticsJason

Reply to
StaticsJason

Giving "honey-do" metal shop projects priorty is just never a bad idea. They're fun to do and they are appreciated.

Here's another one done a year ago that was a hit:

Since the first batch, I've made several dozen more stem supports for Mary and several of her friends. "You like those? Oh, Don would be glad to make you some, would you like a dozen?" She's right, I am glad to do it. I have an order for another dozen right now, but first I have to finish current project for daughter -- one that I've been putting off for a while. Gotta make an attachment for my bandsaw to do it (in process, half done), not a bad thing at all because I'll surely find other uses for the new tool.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I made a similar tool a few years ago. Can't post any pictures as I gave it to someone. Mine was made for the heaviest wire I could buy at the feed store, about 12 gauge. And all the bending was done cold.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 12:52:52 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Don Foreman quickly quoth:

Hey, why didn't you turn the silvery solder into a copper color to match? What a crummy, half-arsed job, Don. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Whimper.

Perhaps I'll dub it with the sobriquet my son had for one of his cars: Fuposoji. This is not the Japanese word for "faithful steed", but an acronym for: fu**ing piece of s**t, oughtta junk it.

Reply to
Don Foreman