A metalworking project

Carl Byrns' post on his neat project motivated me to document this one I just completed. It's now in a box ready to mail to my daughter.

Don Foreman

Another beautiful project by DF. Bet that daughter feels lucky to have such a great dad.

Don, just once, will you post an eau chit? I'm starting to think that all your work is perfect.

Nice Job.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Ya, I second Karl's comment. "Nice job"

Bernie

Thanks. (blush) I certainly have my share of eau chittes. The small boring bar I used to make the internal threads on this project was once an HSS endmill until I snapped it, which of course barfed the project of the moment. It's lasted a lot longer after transformation to threading tool than it did in its first life as an endmill!

Reply to
Don Foreman

Nice work, Don! That new spout is very stylish.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

I don't think Grohe or Kohler will feel threatened ... but it does sorta go with the "functional artsy" motif of a loft in Brooklyn. Can't buy anything quite like it at the phancy phaucet boutique, and my daughter won't need to hire a plumber to install it. Plumbers in NYC probably charge more than MD's earn working for HMO's.

Cost of parts: about $15. Labor ... well, it ain't labor when it's for yer daughter or a good friend, right?

Reply to
Don Foreman

Characteristically clever, Don. Thanks for sharing !

Reply to
Robert Swinney

daughter.http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/faucet/ Lovely job Don - once again, you've raised the bar......noted your daughter measured a stem on the soap dish at 9.06mm - what a girl, obviously has a micrometer in her toolbox - you should be justifiably a proud Dad!

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
vk3bfa

daughter.http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/faucet/>

Thanks, Andrew, I am.

I got digital calipers for my various geographically-scattered progeny when they were on sale for $15 at Harbor Freight. "Dad's shop" works a lot with email and photos, but something always needs to fit something else, right? Karen's caliper is probably set on metric because most bicycle parts are metric.

Don W0LAP

Reply to
Don Foreman