Button head cap screws

Hello all,

An honest-to-pete metalworking question: what is the diameter and thickness of the head on a 1/4-20 button head cap screw? My web search was fruitless.

Best -- Terry

Reply to
Terry

Sometimes Google sucks---but I did find it!

Bill

Reply to
BillM

.437/.419 dia .132/.122 high

McMaster-Carr has the dimensions in their online catalog. I don't recall offhand whether they show the limits or just the nominal dimensions.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Thanks Bill! I just didn't know how to Google properly, I guess... :-)

Best -- Terry

Reply to
Terry

Interestingly enough, both of these are probably from the same source. When you order these from McMaster, you'll get HoloKrome brand screws (the first link).

Reply to
woodworker88