drill press with drawbar?

I'm considering adding a drill press to my shop. But sometimes I need to use a boring head. I have a 3MT boring head shank, but it's to be used with a drawbar.

Are there any reasonably heavily built (I'm not looking for a homeowners thing for $200) DPs that have drawbars through the spindle?

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Yup! Standard RF-30 Mill Drill unit!

The drill press that can mill! Sorta!

I cannot recall seing a actual drill press with a drawbar, though. Most have just a Morse socket.

FWIW, one of the machine tool distributors I spoke to in Edmonton, only stocked the Mill-Drills with a much taller than normal column, as thier customers were almost exclusively using them as drill presses.

They are a darn good bit of kit if used within their limits.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

My rungfu radial drill press has a hole thru the spindle for a drawbar, the spindle is a MT3. I own it for 3 years now and it has given me no trouble, gets used every day. I got mine on ebay, it was NOS and came with a drawbar in the tooling package.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

homeowners

I just saw a fairly large Wilton drill press at my favorite local surplus/salvage store over the weekend. It had an R-8 taper in it.

At first I though it was some sort of mill/drill, but the table was fixed.

They were asking $2,600 USD for it.

Reply to
*

Ya know, I owned one of those for about 5 years, only ever used it for stirring paint. Now I wish I never sold it ..

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin