Type B or C MCB for Shower

Dear all,

I have a 10.5kW shower running on 240V.

10mm sq Twin&Earth cable run of 20m running through various materials

Board protected by an RCD.

I want to protect this circuit via an MCB (I have a MEMERA 2000 Board currenty with HRC Fuses).

Should I use a B or C type MCB for this shower?

Shay

Reply to
shay

A shower has no significant switch-on surge, so you can use a Type B. Type B is also better in that it will handle circuits with a higher earth fault loop impedance than a Type C, although this is not relevant if you have an RCD.

Why do you want to change from an HRC fuse to an MCB? If the fuse is blowing, then you need to identify what the fault is.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Dear all,

I have a 10.5kW shower running on 240V.

10mm sq Twin&Earth cable run of 20m running through various materials

Board protected by an RCD.

I want to protect this circuit via an MCB (I have a MEMERA 2000 Board currenty with HRC Fuses).

Should I use a B or C type MCB for this shower?

Shay

Reply to
shay

Heard that before somewhere.