Looking for Lister D parts

Hi All

JW=B2 pointed me to this newsgroup. My name is Michael and I have just bought my first stationary engine. The engine itself is in good nick but carb and magneto are basket cases. I will probably cheat and use battery ignition as a magneto rebuild is too expensive. The butterfly valve in the carb was solid and broke when trying to free it. I might be able to make a new one. Needle is severly bent. I might also be able to make a new one (I have a lathe) but don't know what the thread is. Besides, coming from the continent all my taps and dies are metric.

I someone has an affordable carb in working condition I would be interested in hearing from you.

I someone could point me to a source of gasket material to make head gasket from I would much appreciate that.

Best regards

Michael Harpenden, Herts.

Reply to
epilotdk

JW² pointed me to this newsgroup. My name is Michael and I have just bought my first stationary engine. The engine itself is in good nick but carb and magneto are basket cases. I will probably cheat and use battery ignition as a magneto rebuild is too expensive. The butterfly valve in the carb was solid and broke when trying to free it. I might be able to make a new one. Needle is severly bent. I might also be able to make a new one (I have a lathe) but don't know what the thread is. Besides, coming from the continent all my taps and dies are metric.

I someone has an affordable carb in working condition I would be interested in hearing from you.

I someone could point me to a source of gasket material to make head gasket from I would much appreciate that.

Best regards

Michael Harpenden, Herts.

Get to a rally or two. There can hardly be one which does not boast a 'D' carb for sale and probably the makings of a decent replacement mag if you don't mind a Lucas SR or Wico A rather than the correct fitting. Same applies to head gasket, I think Mac Mc Gowen usually has them.

Reply to
Nick H

I do have some Lister D spares ie head gasket & some Gasket paper where do you live I can put em in the post for you

[...]

Colin Jacobs

I do have some Lister D spares ie head gasket & some Gasket paper where do you live I can put em in the post for you

Colin Suffolk.

Reply to
Colin Jacobs