Lister carb gasket

Hi folks

I am trying to stop all the petrol leaks on my Lister 2 1/2hp. should there be a gasket between the carb and engine? Also is ptfe tape ok for the pipe unions or not. many thanks mike

Reply to
mike Cole

Mike, Silly question Lister 2 1/2 hp what is it a D. PTFE will do nicely.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

If the carb has a butterfly then yes. If it has a slide then no. IMHO opinion a union should not need PTFE tape and I would prefer to find and resolve the real problem. e.g. damaged seats, threads, sprung soldered joints etc. etc. regards.

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

"Thanks for the replies. It'a a model A by the way with a slide valve carb.one of the joints needed a resolder but the other unions are so nicked that i feel that ptfe tape is the quick and cheap right answer at the moment. thanks again.

Mike

Reply to
mike Cole