Lister fuel-oil pump

Hi all. I am trying to find some suitable replacememt packing for lister oil-fuel pumps, as fitted to the H to R range of petrol engines, and cs diesels. Has anyone any ideas, thanks in advance, regards, gary

Reply to
gary millward

Small gland-packing. Try one of the pump advertisers in SEM. I only have larger sizes or I'd send you some. hth Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Gary, String heavily soaked in graphite grease, I used an O ring before now also. If you fill in the rally form for Stotfold I'll give you some graphite packing when you arrive :-))

Mart> Small gland-packing. Try one of the pump advertisers in SEM. I only

Reply to
Campingstoveman

graphite

Thanks for the advice gentlemen. I bought some gland packing from a company in cornwall, that advertises in S E mag, but unfortunatly they dont do a size small enough to fit the pump, the size they sent was to big, i tryed to cut it down, but it didnt work very well, as i had to screw the packing down so tight to seal it the spring wouldnt return the piston. My pump works ok, but the leaking of oil and petrol on the rally field is a bit of an annoyance. Martin, i'm going up to visit the Internal Fire mueseum monday, so i might bump into you there. Thanks Regards Gary

Reply to
gary millward