Lister CS Startomatic

Gentlemen. My brother and I, collected the latest addition to our collection last sunday. A Lister CS 5/1 startomatic, we got it loaded into the van by lifting the engine off the base and loading the engine seperate from the base with an engine crane, and were back on the road within a couple of hours. We then took a little detour, and nipped in and met roland, he gave us a cuppa and a good look around his great collection of engines, and managed to find me a mag sprocket for my lister M, thanks roland. Then the long haul back up the dreaded M5. I'v had an spare hour this afternoon, so i'v dropped the engine back on its base, and connected some fuel to it, but not had any joy getting the generator to turn the engine over. I was using a 12v battery, i hav'nt tryed 24volt as i dont want to damage anything. Does anyone have any idea what voltage batterys were used on these sets, any info would be gratefully recieved. I'll put some pics of it and a couple of other bits i'v aquired over the last few weeks on webshots in the next few days. Thanks, regards, Gary M :-)

Reply to
gary millward

In message , gary millward writes

24V from memory. There are a couple of Start-O-Matic manuals available from Paul Evans, http://www. "STARTER BATTERY The 12 cell (24 volt) starter battery has a capacity of 100 ampere hours at the 20 hour rate or 89 ampere hours at the 10 hour rate. standard automobile battery is recommended and may be installed in two 6 cell units or 4 three cell units."

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Thanks for the advice peter. I connected 2 12v batterys today and as soon as it got fuel up to the injector, it fired up. Regards Gary

Reply to
gary millward