1400 gph Lister CS Pump Set

Gents,

I have come across a 1400 gallon per hour pump made by Lister, and fitted with a CS 5/1 (5hp 600rpm).

The pump and engine are mounted on an L-shaped cast iron base, with the pump driven directly off the flywheel through a flexible coupling and then twin reduction gears.

Does anyone have any data on these pump-sets such as Lister documents etc. Any links to photos would be appreciated.

Engine number is CS 64432

Plant Number 32551 P

Pump No 15605 Type 5P

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Reply to
Ken_Boak

David Edgington who advertises inside front cover of Stationary Engine magazine sells (for £4.00) a repro Lister booklet entitled "Lister Pumps for household and estate duties" which looks like it dates to the 50's, though I can't see any references to a "P" series in it.

There is a CS driven unit illustrated - the direct coupled pump is an H-series reciprocat>Gents,

John Ambler Sussex, UK Return E-mails to snipped-for-privacy@skiprat.net

John Ambler