Lister pump

I have just got a Lister type 187 pump. It has a plate on top, about 7" x
3", with two bolts securing it to the pump and with four other holes. Can
anyone tell me what it was for, please?
Steve Selby
Reply to
Patricia Selby
Steve, There is no reason why you could not run off of a petrol engine as this is what is mostly done but sometimes you will see them with electric motors being driven by a generator.
Martin P
Steve Selby wrote:
Reply to
campingstoveman
What does the type 187 pump look like? This is my pump:
I've seen it at many a rally with a tiny stationary engine on top, but i've also seen it quite a few times with engines driving them, mainly D types. I plan to do the same with mine.
Regards Chris
Reply to
Chris Crocker - White
Chris, That would have had a electric motor on once, known as a lister domestic.
Martin P
Chris Crocker - White wrote:
Reply to
campingstoveman
Yes, it is the same as yours, although not quite so pretty (yet). I am also planning to run it with my Lister |D.
Thanks for the info re the catalogue, I'm just downloading it.
Steve
Reply to
Patricia Selby
Cool. I've not put any effort into restoring mine yet, that was how I got it. How I got it I don't know, I even forgot I had it!
Regards Chris
Reply to
Chris Crocker - White
I have looked at the pump catalogue on the Castell Pridd website (excellent site), and I now see how it was supplied, with either an electric motor or a petrol engine. I see that they also supplied it without a motor and with either a flat or vee puelley for driving from an existing unit.
Steve
Reply to
Patricia Selby
Steve, Is there something your not telling us, you keep changing sex every time you send a posting. :-))
Martin P
Patricia Selby wrote:
Reply to
campingstoveman
Brian, Like engine builders some pumps were built by one company with other company names on. We call it Badge engineering today.:-)) Martin P
Brian Dom> >
Reply to
campingstoveman
250 gph, 80 ft head, suction lift 25ft.