Pump acquisition - help?

Hi chaps

Have come by a water pump. Said pump is Bamfords or perhaps Ransomes pattern, with a big gear and a small pinion on one side and a drive pulley, crank and con-rod on the other side, and macho cross-head and piston rod, not forgetting a beautifully phallic pulsation damper vessel in the highest quality grey cast. It is all lovingly pre-owned (completely knackered). On the main bore casting, there are the magical runes "4"" on the one side and "COMPACTUM" on the other. Anyone venture to identify it?

Also recovered from the stinking pit was an Alfa Laval Type 100 Vacuum Pump, S/N 24285 - anyone got a date? A manual? Source of spares? Lottery win, anyone?

TTFN

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Ah yes, the Compactum range of pumps were made by Lee-Howl, based at Tipton in the Black Country. Look closely and you should see a little flag cast into the main body somewhere, which was their trademark

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
ClaraNET

In message , ClaraNET writes

Thanks very much, Philip. I know of Lee-Howl pumps - I'm sure I've tested castings at their works in the dim and distant past. I'll look for the little flag when I get all the congealed grease, straw, rat poo and rusty muck off it. It'd be nice to get it working again - it *is* a worn-out ruin... Are Lee-Howl still going, do you know?

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales