Pump?

Gentlemen, I have recently acquired a pump in a job lot of stuff which I don't recognise. It looks vaguely like an old hand operated well pump but smaller. There is a handle out of the side near the bottom which works up and down. The whole thing is about 14" tall and mounts onto a square(ish) 4 hole base with holes about 3" apart. There is a pressure gauge up to 400 atmospheres (not bar) and the equivalent psi with CAV on it. There is a makers nameplate with CAV on it and a serial number. There is also a small reservoir painted grey, the pump is black. I suspect it is something to do with testing diesel systems. Sorry about the vague description. Please don't ask for a photograph, I don't have a digital camera. Anyone recognise this? Does anyone want it? Located Oxfordshire. Thanks

John

Reply to
John Manders

Hi John, CAV pop tester for testing injectors.

We have a collection of diesel test gear going on display here so would be happy to give it a home.

Cheers Paul

-- ____________________________________

Internal Fire, Museum of Power, Wales

(under construction)

Reply to
Paul Evans

Diesel injector test pump. Handy thing, if you're seriously into old weasels.

Don't be tempted to pump it. These things need a serious spray guard and their pressures are ridiculous. If you spray a body part with fluids, especially diesel, at this pressure then it goes straight through the skin and can cause all manner of dermatitis and even ulcerative gangrene.

Andy Dingley

Thanks for the replies. At least know what it is now and I have no intention of using it. Paul, sorry but Peter F has already claimed it. BTW, I have so many 2BA grub screws that I shall never use them all. Various lengths & points. Also some 10UNF cap heads. Free to collectors.

John

Reply to
John Manders