Blake water pump

Hi all, I have just purchased a large Blake pump. It is similar to a lister
domestic type but much bigger. Does anyone have any literature on this type
of pump??? I will get some pics up tomorrow so you can see exactly what it
is.
Reply to
Martin Hirst
Dear Martin, I restored a Blake pump as one of my first projects. I drove it with a 1946 Lister D mounted on an interesting "Slingsby" trock. It now belongs to a guy called Steve Morris from Flookburgh. He used to show it at the Steam Gathering . The pump was bought from John Irving's scrap yard in Wigton and was originally a "Sellarc" pressure washer, manufactured by W. Bateman & Co, Garstang Rd, Barton,Preston, PR3 5AA. They gave me all the information I needed and even supplied me with a new nameplate free of charge. My dealings with them were about 14 years ago but I have seen their vans on the road on my travels so I assume that they are still on the go.
Reply to
CHARLES HAMILTON