Godwin Water Pump

Hi, Yesterday I acquired this Godwin water pump:

I was wondering if anyone has any information on this type of pump. I am most interested in the ideal speed required for a stationary engine to drive it.

Many Thanks

Andy

Reply to
Petaman

This thread is terminated by Godwin's Law

's_law :-)

(Sorry. I'll get my coat.)

Reply to
MatSav

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I've seen one of these teamed with a Lister D in a set for spraying pesticide at plants. Chain driven I think, but I can't remember the relative sizes of the sprockets.

Reply to
Nick H

That's a savage response to a perfectly reasonable question isn't it? :)

Al

Reply to
alspam1

What are you going to drive it with but then again it does not matter unless you intend running it with an engine over 1000 rpm it wont be a problem. As long as the driver pulley is smaller than the driven that is.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Hi, I would suggest that 250rpm or perhaps even less would be more than sufficient for display purposes. Too often at rallies I wince when I see a Lister Domestic Pump doing 1000rpm....testament to the over engineering that they hang together I suppose.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

I ran my stuart domestic pump of my 3hp Ruston PB and have vowed not to do it again, as it ran it far to fast due to the large pulley on the engie, resulting in water spraying anywhere but the bucket it was supposed to go in.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

Apologies Dan, I didn't intend to imply running it at a 1000 rpm I just meant that the driver should not go any faster. Would be fun watching thought don't you think :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Thankyou for all of your advice, it is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou once again.

Andy

Reply to
Petaman