Water Pump Iformation required

Hi there,

Can anyone help with Identifying the water pump on link below.

It looks like a deep well pump, its very heavy, and stands about 28" tall. Flywheel diameter is about 15 " Only identifying marks are on the "bottle" where it says "CLIMAX"

Never seen one this size before?

It is free to move and still full of oil! It has a lovely movement as well!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Bruce

Reply to
bruce

It is as you say a Climax Pump, many were made and sometimes you can see the top end working. Unfortunately the pump would be several feet under ground with connecting rods to the driven end, so not so easy to display on a rally field.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

In the early hours I was up because of the wind and rain outside, and in an idle moment wiating for the CAD computer to boot up I picked up an early Stationary Engine magazine, and there was an article by someone very close to PTFE on his own pump.

The restorer mentioned that this pump was a rebadged unit by Thomas of Worcester, so it is possible that yours is 'one of they' as Kim would say.

The full name of the company escapes me at this late hour, having been down to Barnet Grid S/Station to collect 1/2 ton of batteries which are going to new homes later.

Perhaps PTFE could remember the full name of the pump people? If not I'll check tonight.

I also got some drawings done! Peter

Prepair Ltd