Lister domestic pump

I have just purchased a couple of Lister D`s, one petrol, one petrol/TVO, with a domestic type pump. Regarding the pump, can you remove and remount the crank in the opposite side??(so the pulley is on the other side) The reason I want to do this is so I can mount it with the `D` and get the rotation of the pump correct.

Cheers, MartinH

Reply to
martin hirst

The main casting is symmetrical so I don't see why not, although you'll have to swap the studs over. One thing to check is the pump-cylinder splash lube. ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Thats the reason I want to change it. Due to the rotation of the engine the pump would be running in the wrong direction, as it is. If I can mount the pulley on the other side it will greatly reduce the size of trolley required and the pump would rotate the correct way, so leaving the splash lube correct. I will give it a go tomorrow.

petrol/TVO,

Reply to
martin hirst

Reply to
martin hirst

There were two suppliers, both in the West Country IIRC, and they used to advertise in SEM, but I haven't seen any recent copies to know if they still do.

There have also been various sightings of parts in hardware shops that have been mentioned here a few times.

Peter

Prepair Ltd