3.5hp Lister Startomatic?

Gents,
On Saturday I went to Cambridge to retrieve a Startomatic generator set
Serial Number 56691
Spec 3'1'208
HP 3 1/2
RPM 650
Old type - cast iron baseplate
The unit is fitted with starter alternator type 83505K 230V 2.5KVA.
My question is, has anyone else seen a 3.5hp Startomatic fitted with an
oversize alternator?
Might it be a special? All the normal SOM parts are present, it seems
odd that Lister would put an oversized alternator on a 3.5 hp CS.
Any insight appreciated,
Ken
Reply to
Ken_Boak
Do the numbers on the plate on the base agree with the numbers on the engine and alternator?
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
Admittedly I know little about these units but a 2.5KVA alternator seems a perfect fit for a 3.5 hp engine. What were they usually fitted with?
Pete.
Reply to
Peter Mounsey
Gents,
I will try and get the serial numbers of the baseplate.
All I wanted to know was if anyone else has ever come across a 3.5hp Startomatic before.
Thanks,
Ken
Reply to
Ken_Boak