CS Startomatic

Hi all,

Some of you may remember back in January I was given a 6hp CS 230 V AC Startomatic. Well I finally picked it up last weekend and I have started the story of the pickup and restoration if anyone is interested

I have a question for Startomatic experts (well I am sure there will be many more later) and that is:-- how is the voltage regulator box meant to be held on to the generator as this one just floats about on top. I can see four "buttons" on the box and maybe a corresponding four on the genny, should it have some sort if set of springs or other shock absorbing means holding it on?

TIA

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Rubber doughnuts with a bolt bonded to each side. The name eludes me for the moment (Metalastic perhaps?) Reasonable facsimiles should be available from the likes of BSL hth Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Roland, they use a similar thing as exhaust mounts on the old minis. I think there still avalible from good motor factors Gary

Reply to
gary millward

Thanks guys, I am sure I can find something at the next autojumble.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Gentlemen,

The rubber mount is used through out the motor industry, just look under the bonnet of your average car. the engine sits on them. A Roland so eloquently pointed out BSL stock them as will exhaust and motor factors.

Mart> Rubber doughnuts with a bolt bonded to each side. The name eludes me

Reply to
Campingstoveman