CS Startomatic

Hi all,
Some of you may remember back in January I was given a 6hp CS 230 V AC
Startomatic. Well I finally picked it up last weekend and I have started the
story of the pickup and restoration if anyone is interested

I have a question for Startomatic experts (well I am sure there will be many
more later) and that is:-- how is the voltage regulator box meant to be held
on to the generator as this one just floats about on top. I can see four
"buttons" on the box and maybe a corresponding four on the genny, should it
have some sort if set of springs or other shock absorbing means holding it
on?
TIA
Reply to
Pete Aldous
Rubber doughnuts with a bolt bonded to each side. The name eludes me for the moment (Metalastic perhaps?) Reasonable facsimiles should be available from the likes of BSL hth Roland
Reply to
Roland Craven
Roland, they use a similar thing as exhaust mounts on the old minis. I think there still avalible from good motor factors Gary
Reply to
gary millward
Thanks guys, I am sure I can find something at the next autojumble.
Reply to
Pete Aldous
Gentlemen,
The rubber mount is used through out the motor industry, just look under the bonnet of your average car. the engine sits on them. A Roland so eloquently pointed out BSL stock them as will exhaust and motor factors.
Martin P
Roland Craven wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman