Lister 27/3 Generator

At work, a 1945 Lister engined 230v single phase generator which has been a reserve power source, is now no longer required. I believe it has been run once in the last five years and is in working order. Base approx. 12' x 4'. Radiator included. Location is Leeming, North Yorkshire. Loading onto vehicle available.

Picture at:-

Management open to offers. Preservation preferred to scrapman!

Unfortunately, two cylinders too large for me!

The engine details are :- No 60/24667 Spec 27/3/29 RPM 1000

The generator detail:- Mawdsley Ltd. No. FA6 7887

1000rpm 50hz. 230v 65.5A KVA 15 0.8pf Exciter 666 No. 60A 6931 Volts 137 Amps 2.7

Kw. 37 Continuous Rating. Year 1945

Anyone interested email me off-line and I'll give you contact details. I have no financial interest in the sale.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Stick it on ebay?

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Interesting electric start arrangement. What's hidden under the guard? A car engine flywheel? or some sort of double reduction?

Is it the original radiator? I have a very similar set, still hand start only.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Tim, I'm not sure about radiator originality. Probably not. It is a while since I saw it built up in situ. I'll look into that. The starting arrangement consists of the back end of a cylinder block with crankshaft cut off at last big end, a starter motor to drive the flywheel, which has a splined shaft and sliding dog which connects (manually) to its helical mate on the engine crankshaft before starting, and which is dis-engaged as the engine speed rises. All built to the most stringent Heath-Robinson criteria.

Regards, Dave.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Dave.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Very classy

I like the way the flex mounts have been retained!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Hi Sent you an e mail via your hot mail account, but no reply. Would be interested in this generator as it would fit in with our set up.

How can this be progressed ?

Cheers

snipped-for-privacy@rya-online.net

Reply to
thedogsbalearics

Hi, My apologies for not replying. Your email must have been caught in a spam filter, although four other tentative enquiries got through. I have replied to your request off-line.

The company now value the set between =A3400 and =A3500. Which, considering the price that some Lister 6/1s achieve ......

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Hello Damien, Could you please supply an alternative email address as two replies to your enquiry have bounced back as "unable to deliver". Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

I was informed this afternoon that the set has been sold, and is to be rallied. Thanks to all interested parties. Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter