Indian Lister style engine

Hi All,
I need some advice from this group . I searched here in the U.S.
for a Lister Cold Start Diesel engine without any luck . Could not find
much information about them until I did a search on Google.
I have purchased a 6/1 Indian made Lister type engine. The qaulity seems to be
poor . I would like to rebuild it to lister specs which I can't find.
The connecting rod bearing has .013 play and this I think is to large.
The idler gear for the cam is looseand the tapped holes are of poor quality also
What is the going price on old Lister CS 3/1 3.5/1 5/1 or 6/1 engine in the
U.K.?
Thanks for any and all replies.
Best Regards,
Caroll F. Via
Oviedo Florida U.S.
Reply to
Caroll Via
i just bought a 5/1 for £250. But I am not experienced in the hobby, so maybe i paid a little too much. If you go to farm auctions, and you spot something nice, i would think you would get it for almost nothing
regards
Ivan
Reply to
adrenalin