Indian Lister style engine

Hi All, I need some advice from this group . I searched here in the U.S. for a Lister Cold Start Diesel engine without any luck . Could not find much information about them until I did a search on Google. I have purchased a 6/1 Indian made Lister type engine. The qaulity seems to be poor . I would like to rebuild it to lister specs which I can't find. The connecting rod bearing has .013 play and this I think is to large. The idler gear for the cam is looseand the tapped holes are of poor quality also What is the going price on old Lister CS 3/1 3.5/1 5/1 or 6/1 engine in the U.K.? Thanks for any and all replies. Best Regards, Caroll F. Via Oviedo Florida U.S.

Reply to
Caroll Via

i just bought a 5/1 for £250. But I am not experienced in the hobby, so maybe i paid a little too much. If you go to farm auctions, and you spot something nice, i would think you would get it for almost nothing

regards

Ivan

Reply to
adrenalin