brass pipe fitting? need 1/4" NPT true wye fitting source

I'm making up a hose network and am looking for a 1/4" NPT brass "Y" ("wye") fitting. I know this may sound silly, but I'd like one that is symmetric and not one which has one leg of the 'Y' straight and the other stuck off to the side like Mcmaster's part number 4429K368 (try this:

).

It seems that brass pipe fittings online are hard to find! Tons of alibaba and globalspec hooey returned by google, very few real sources.

Of course, this is really a meaningless search since the asymmetric one will work just fine. But if there is one, I'd like to find it.

Anyone have any ideas where to look? Ideal would be someone having one in their scrap bin, wow that would be too cool.

By the way, I'm making up a shop-made welding gas mixing manifold, will publish the project when it's done.

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Get a big brass bar and fab yourself a real one piece manifold with integral metering valves and all. Make a real project out of it :)

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Reply to
woodworker88

Not exactly what you asked for, but it may give you an idea where to look...

Rick

p/n 111-5 at the top of the first page. I'm not sure if they're exactly symmetrical (120 degrees between each leg), but I think I have one with valves on it around here that I can check if they look close.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Haven't done much looking, but searching for "siamese wye" returns the layout you describe (haven't found the specific one you're looking for, though)

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

The easy fix for that is to use a street ell in each outlet. Then the input and output lines can be in line.

Reply to
jlevie

Wye not a Tee ? :-)

Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Grant Erw> I'm making up a hose network and am looking for a 1/4" NPT brass "Y"

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Fer Pete's sake guys, make your own wood pattern and have them cast at your local non-ferrous foundry. I assume that you only want a few? Then, machine 'em in your shop the way you want to. Dave

Reply to
David Anderson

I used to have one on my Camaro. Fuel line y block. Look in performance automotive stores or online. A quick check of Jeg's didn't get me anything, though, but I did get this elsewhere:

(I think this is the one I had, but it has 3/8" NPT)

I suppose its a start.

Reply to
Carl McIver