Looking for a hard felt washer 1/2" x 1" x 1/8"

Hi folks,
I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by 1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source?
Many thanks,
Chris Tidy
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:47:02 +0000, Christopher Tidy wrote:

Piano restorers? Lots of felt washers in pianos... The ones under the keys are about 1" dia but the hole isn't 1/2" but could be made bigger. Might not be hard enough felt though.
--
Cheers
Dave.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:20:26 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"

I use a lot of felt in my trade - I get mine from www.windcraft.co.uk Don't know that it's as hard as you'll need though.
I can probably cut you a 1 inch disc out of 1/8th woven felt and send it up by post - just drop me an email.
Regards,
http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Stephen Howard wrote:

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the kind offer. I've sent you an e-mail.
Many thanks,
Chris

Chris,
McMaster-Carr has a wide range of hard felt. http://www.mcmaster.com/ Then search on hard felt.
The hardest grade the carry (32S2) would cost you an ill octopus for a 12"x12"x1/8" piece. You'd need to drag out that set of gasket hole punches to make the washer.
See ya, Arnie Fero Pittsburgh, PA USA fero snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com
hit_n_miss wrote:

So you reckon one of these would work, even with thick felt? http://www.toolbank.com/p/D4208/FOO18044
Best wishes,
Chris
hit_n_miss wrote:

Sadly McMaster won't ship here, which is a real pain.
Best wishes,
Chris

Not to worry mate. Friendly Yanks across the pond could place an order for you and drop the felt into the post. Just let me know if I can help.
See ya, Arnie
hit_n_miss wrote:

Cheers, Arnie. I've now obtained a felt washer of the correct size as a free sample, but if I need anything from McMaster in the future, I may drop you a line.
Best wishes,
Chris

Everything you want ...
http://www.hardy-hanson.co.uk /
I've had this idea ...add water... freeze the stuff and machine it really quickly. :)
all the best.mark
mark wrote:

Can they supply a long felt want ;-)
NHH
finished tucking into their plate of fish, chips and mushy peas. Wiping their mouths, they swiggged the last of their cup of tea, paid the bill and wrote::

G - R - O - A - N!!
Brian L Dominic
Web Site: http://www.brianscanalpages.co.uk
Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk
Brian Dominic wrote:

Sorry!
NHH