For Sale Petter Twin Cylinder

Before I sling it out on EvilBay does anyone want to buy my Petter . Pictures here

I think it's a P2 is it or a universal petrol engine as it says on the name plate. I've cleaned all the muck out of the carb and the fuel tank but there's no spark at the plugs. I just haven't got the time to deal with it now. It comes complete with a little truck to wheel it around on but without a starting handle.

Remove the unspam from the header to reply

Reply to
malc

Silly me, I forgot to say that I'm in Gloucester and no sensible offer refused on the engine. If you look back in the newsgroup records you'll find that I paid £56 for it.

Reply to
malc

Erm, this looks to me more like a PU8 than a P4. What do others think?

No spark will inhibit the price as magnetos cost around £50 for a working example. You could just try cleaning the points off the engine & seeing what you get then.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

As usual you are on the button Kim, a PU8 is what it is.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

I bow to your greater knowledge

Like I said I really don't have the time (or the space or a workshop with a light). I have cleaned the points but I suspect it's down to the connection between the magneto and the spark plug leads.

Reply to
malc

Well, you see, the PU2 (the flat air cooled single) & its brother the PU4 (which is a flat twin) are mid thirties, fairly frugal & fetch about £150 in good order. The later PU8 was made in some numbers in the war, have had a pretty good survival rate - there was a batch of bran new old stock ones for sale this year! - have a deserved reputation for being thirsty brutes and fetch around fifty quid in the order that yours is in.

It's surprising how many PU8's there are about. I bet there are several lurking on this list - indeed, I have one in running order but as it saw off five gallons of unleaded on the one day I took it for a walk to an event, it's never been out the door since!

None of this is much comfort to you I'm afraid Malc, but if you can get a spark at the plug, Ebay will probably move it into someone else's workshop for you.

regards,

Kim Siddorn XBR500 etc, etc.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Too bad you are in Gloucester or I would be interested in the engine - I like flat twins. However with todays high petrol cost it would cost me =A330 in petrol to collect. That is something that needs to be taken into account these days. I recently found a Lister engine that I really liked but again the cost to collect was out of proportion with the value of the engine. Nice engines hardly ever turn up close to where I live (near Luton).

Reply to
michaelbrix