Looking for 1/2" EMT Conduit Bender

I'm starting to run power in my new shop and I thought I'd ask if anyone has
a 1/2" thin wall conduit bender that they aren't using anymore and would
like to sell. If you have one, please reply or send me an email.
Thanks,
Dave
Reply to
Dave Pidwerbecki
you could go to home ddepot or lowes or hardware store to get one thay do not cost much
Reply to
HaroldA102
Ace Hardware stocks one (for 1/2" EMT) for $18...
-cliff-
Reply to
Cliff Knight
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the suggestions. The closest Lowes is about 50 miles away and the local HD only stocks those bright colored plastic coated benders that cost about $40 - gads I hate those things. I didn't check at Ace though - didn't even think about it. I will do it this morning.
Thanks again,
Dave
Reply to
Dave Pidwerbecki
Is this a comercial or home shop? At least in my area, a home shop does not require conduit/EMT on wiring at or above five feet above the floor. All my shop wiring and outlets conform to that and I have yet to see a damaged wire. Commercial requirements may well be different.
Ted
Reply to
Ted Edwards
Ted,
It's my home shop. I thought that conduit isn't all that much more expensive than romex and I like it better. I had some people suggest that I get 3/4" conduit instead on 1/2" - it's easier to run more wires that way. This shop building is certainly a slow process and after that, it's fixing my old machinery.
Dave
Reply to
Dave Pidwerbecki
The small size benders aren't expensive, check around. And you only need a bender head, the handle will take any old piece of 3/4" threaded pipe you have lying around. The larger benders for 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" are where they get really expensive .
Check into using BX cable for your garage - like Romex but armored so it can be used in exposed areas. The special hand-crank BX cutter tool will run you $25, but lasts for years with an occasional $4 circular hacksaw blade.
I like it for adding stuff in garages, because you connect one end to the first box, route it, secure it, connect the other end, hook up the wires, Done. And it meets code everywhere I know of - exposed Romex in a garage is a no-no.
Only bad part is it's a fixed-count product like Romex, if you don't plan ahead well enough and close up the walls, there's no adding another wire or two later for that switch or device you forgot.
-->--
Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman
Dave
Ebay? Bob AZ
Reply to
RWatson767
And by all means pull through a nylon string to leave in so a fish tape isn't needed when you want to feed that one more line.
Each time you use the string to pull a wire through, pull another to replace it.
Martin [used them many a time ]
Reply to
Eastburn