Making a perfect snow pusher

SWMBO claims I have way too much fun blowing snow in our back yard but puppy only has short legs. Year ago last December, we got a heavy snow late in the day and overnight to the point there was a column of snow two feet high on the garbage can. When I pushed the aluminium storm door open next morning, puppy stepped off the threshold and did her business on the spot. It only takes a few minutes to clear the area for puppy plus a path to the compost bin and one to the shed after I finish the 16 x 70' driveway and a path for the postal person to get to the route drop box near my drive. Did anyone get the impression I enjoy winter? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

This is my snow pusher;

bucket was welded with 312 stainless rod, IIRC.

Jim Wilkins Neat lumber saw you have there! Mike

Reply to
amdx
­x?e?OoÔ0ÅïùOB¢?%PÄ?A?eÚÊCG'????Móí;[¤?[b{~ó?ùNAÙGc-?}®ª+sýrH_pÿp¼ûÖ*3F ?0«?ãÔjô?Ccy6n@t
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Better than dodging tornados on the south side of Kissimmee like I was doing IIRCC ten years ago about now. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I had the world's best snow pusher until just a few months ago. He grew up and moved away.

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam

What did you expect, in a place called Kissimmee? (Kiss Mimi) ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

LIAR! We all know that you glued catipilaars to your eyebrows. NO man grows green eyebrows that wiggle by themselves. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My ~25-year-old snow scoop is similar to the Silver Bear scoop -- ie, sheet metal with EMT handle, as at

-- with a few differences, like rounded corners at the top of the handle, a bend in the handle a few inches behind the bin, etc. Overall size of bin is 22" wide (ie same as S.B. scoop), 28" long, with sides tapering from 7" to 9" in height. I don't see a need for wheels (an S.B. option), but a front wear plate or stiffener would be good.

Little picture of snowblower on roof, 2001, South Dakota:

James Waldby

I tend to avoid wear plates to the point that if there is one, I don't buy. I just went out and bought a new shovel on Friday - plastic scoop

16" wide, 18" long, with a plastic "D" on the other end of four feet of 1 1/4" hardwood dowel stock. This was to augment two "Melnor" shovels a couple inches wider that I bought nearly twenty years ago and have had the handles re-seated a couple times as well as the blades being worn back to the reinforcing ridges. I still use the old ones for pushing light snow into a windrow for the blower, and leave them in visible locations for emergency use by passers-by. For serious pushing of semi loose ice or hard packed snow, I have an old steel bladed pusher worn down to a wavy edge that overcomes many years of distortion that was left in a house I bought in 1975. Getting back to wear strips, any that I have seen more than a couple years old were totally distorted, or half detached and broken off. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller

Yeahbut it was convenient to several sources of interesting stuff, and SiL lived there. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

The young lady with the clippers gets quite upset when I won't let her do her thing on them three times per year. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Strictly "do it myself" I want her to look like a dog even if she is really a long tailed, flop eared, funny bunny - loves carrots or any other crunchy raw vegetables and apples; doesn't know what meat is! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Old dogs are cute. What more can I say without insulting you? :) Are you related to the Late Rodney D.? ;-)

BTW, here are a couple pictures of my favorite pampered pooch:

She belongs to my dad and step mom. :) The camera's flash turns her deep brown eyes bright green. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I lived about two hours north at that time. My first job in Florida was about half way in between, at Ch 55 TV.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just because she wants to use a stump grinder...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

First time I've heard it called that! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller