Melting aluminum

According to Larry Jaques :

[ ... ]

Well ... I didn't get married until I was 35, and I'm still married (to the same person) at age 66. I guess that qualifies me as an old fart, but it also speaks in favor of not being too eager to get married right away.

And my wife is amazingly tolerant of my hobbies (since the hobbies don't include other women. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned Jeff Wisnia wrote on Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:17:00

-0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

That's because most of those getting divorced, are repeat offenders (What's Liz Taylor up to now, #9?) Got a buddy, he's just been divorced by wife number three. Wife #1 is happily remarried, Wife #2 is "happily" single again. OTOH, I've an old flame who was married three times. Divorced the last one, and when he was moping & whining about it, everyone told him "You were lucky, the first two died!"

-- pyotr filipivich "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. " Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

On 6 Oct 2007 04:51:47 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@d-and-d.com (DoN. Nichols) quickly quoth:

I'm 54. Anyone older than me is an old fart. (I'm a young fart.) Yeah, a lot of you guys here sport long marriages. I guess there are pockets of you tolerant types here and there.

Yes, most women are quite intolerant in that way.

-------------------------------------------- -- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. -- ============================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well, Right on Don. I got married at 25 and yesterday marked

50 yrs with the same woman. Society just isn't the same any longer. ...lew...
Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Hey, congratulations, Lew. That's quite a milestone.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Heh!

You and I must have worked from the same book. I, too, was married for 14 years to my ex, and just passed 30 years with my current bride----a keeper. I was just shy of my 22nd. birthday when I married the first time.

That marriage was dissolved without a great deal of rancor, with a single attorney. Being free from her, the woman from hell, is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Women are not all alike!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Hey Lew,

Congratulations to you both.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Couldn't agree more 23 & 45 Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Married at 19 just marked 41 years with the first and only woman.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Martin H. Eastburn

[ ... ]

Congratulations! I've got almost another twenty years to make it to that point, and since I married later, I will be 81 at that point.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Second that, Don !

Hey Lew,

Congratulations to you both.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I'm just a young-un. got spliced at 28, 21 years ago and no plans to change. We decided a long while back that if we ever felt the need to split up, it'd be simpler if we just kept living together in the same house afterwards. It'd stop any arguments about me wanting her to take the kids and vice versa :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand