Metal cutting reciprocal saw blades

I have a cheap reciprocal saw from Harbor Freight, that actually
works, and would like to know what good blades are out there to cut
metal. Cutting sockets (see "welding sockets" post) was a miserable
experience, the blade dulled, and I had to switch to a hacksaw with
bimetal blades, which did the job. That same reciprocal saw did a just
fine job at cutting mild steel tube (muffler), but apparently the
blades are not hard enough for alloys. So. I suppose that I should
look for bimetal blades for the reciprocal saw as well, any
suggestions for a brand etc?
Ignoramus31273
Can't go wrong with Lennox brand Always use a cutting lube, any oil is better than none. Really hard stuff takes an abrasive type blade -tungstun carbide grit edge.
Ignoramus31273 wrote:
Reply to
bamboo
Lenox
Locally and on Ebay.
Gunner
Gunner
Gunner and Bamboo, thanks, I will look for these Lennox blades.
Ignoramus31273
If you can't find the Lennox brand blades (probably the best), the Milwaukee brand "Torch" blades work well.
Pete C.
Reply to
Pete C.
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:20:26 +0000 (UTC), with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus31273 quickly quoth:
One N.

------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment
Reply to
Larry Jaques
They're bimetalic razor knife blades are excellent too. Karl
snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote:
Reply to
kfvorwerk