Metal Light Reflector

We used to have a large flat metal reflector on an outdoor light fixture, Maybe 18" to 24" diameter, green on top and white on the bottom. The reflector was mounted in a horizontal plane and rippled around the edge like corrugated metal roofing. Probably coated with porcelain. I tried to find something like this on Ebay to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

What do you want to do? Find another one? Make one?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Find another one for an outdoor lighting fixture over the entrance to my shop.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

These fixtures were common 60 to 80 years ago. I'd try one of those places that deals in salvage building materials from old buildings.

I've seen these fixtures mounted over shop doors, hanging over pool tables and even used as street lights... But that was a lot of years ago.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

%x??QkÛ0?ßý+ÎS²Ap7ú0hJÓº?®? {?ík[DÑõ¤ë¤??:?ea°[Wº:ç?n¸Âú;ö?.?K{5ëd?Ë3{õV

Reply to
Pete C.

Clay

Like this??

Reply to
Clay

Excellent excuse to start metal spinning- or cut up an old, large, bundt pan!

I like those style lights a lot, many different effects avail. by using different bulbs, like the ones that are silvered on the part that faces down.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:48:30 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Bob AZ quickly quoth:

2 possibles on eBay.

Google for "warehouse light" or "industrial light"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In an Applebees or MC one time, I saw large copper colanders that were turned upside down and made into table lights. The light shone through the perforations, and was perfect. The copper (or plate) looked cool, too. Have also seen large copper pots done the same.

Not hard for a metlworker.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Motohome hubcap?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Like this?

Try "radial wave" in your search string. I think the originals were produced by GE during the transition from arc to incandescent lamps, at least that's my recollection from when I was looking for one about

20 years ago. Despite the fact the fact they were all over town when I was a kid, I never found one for sale.
Reply to
Ned Simmons