Sheet Metal Question

I am a newbie to sheet metal. (Still on NT and 2001+, but any day now XP and 2004.... if IT ever gets time to do anything other than fighting spam, virusses and installing patches!)

The shape I want to finish up with is what you would get if you took a 8" x

3" sheet, stuck it in a vise crooked (IE non vertical) and bent it flat.

The flange at the end would be bent up with the edges at an angle to the Z plane. Ugly it may be but this is fine for my applicat and makes it cheap and easy for the sheet metal shop.

However, if I model it using normal techniques ( IE all the ones I have found so far!), base flange, edge flange etc, I finish up with a sheet which when flattened is no longer a rectangle, more like a hockey stick. This is not good for a cheap sheet metal bracket.

I thought that somewhere there was a technique to add a bend to a flat surface, without having to 3D model the final part first. Cheers

Reply to
RankAmateur

If I understand your intent correctly, all you need is to model your 8" x 3" flat stock as sheet metal and then use "sketched bends".

Reply to
zz

Thats it Can't imagine why I didnt see it before, thanks cheers malcolm

Reply to
RankAmateur